Membership Academy is a weekend long program designed to assist chapters struggling with recruiting, developing, or retaining members. Chapter leaders that are looking to help improve their chapter and the Fraternity as a whole are highly encouraged to attend one of the yearly courses. At the completion of this course attendees will earn a certificate of completion in Alpha Phi Omega’s official chapter development program.
- Attendees will evaluate their chapter’s current membership program, reinforce what is already effective, and revise to incorporate new techniques.
- Attendees will be introduced to a five-step model that provides a guide on how to generate interest in Alpha Phi Omega and keep potential members engaged.
- Attendees will gain an understanding of how to achieve national recognition in programs such as the Pledge Program of Excellence and Chapter of Excellence awards.
- Attendees will interact with members of other chapters to gain perspective on chapter practices and programs.
- Courses are held 4-5 five times a year at various locations throughout the United States.
- The course begins promptly at 7:00 pm on Friday and ends by noon on Sunday.
- The cost to attend Membership Academy is $40 per member. The registration fee includes food, supplies, and lodging for the weekend.
Attention Interest and Petitioning Group members:
In an effort to encourage success in new Alpha Phi Omega Chapters the Fraternity offers a scholarship for up to two members per group to attend Membership Academy. In order to receive the scholarship students from the group planning to attend must first register through the online form and pay the registration price. Then a representative of the group must notify the National Office of the individuals that will be receiving the scholarships by emailing [email protected]. Once the National Office receives confirmation that the registrant completed the training course a reimbursement will be sent through the original method of payment.
|Membership Academy City