We need each other more than ever right now! Don’t stop the fellowship just because you are living in different zip codes. Work together as a chapter to find creative ways to keep in touch and support each other. The relationships you have made in APO are good for the soul and can keep being a huge part of your virtual support system. If you have a tip that you would like to share and add to this list, email [email protected] with the subject: Virtual Fellowship Idea for chapters.
1. If students individually play a multi-player game online or on a game console, they could set up a time to live chat over Skype or Zoom during their games to have fellowship.
2. Group fellowship events could take place virtually if students planned to play a game, hang out, chat, watch a movie, etc over a video conference call.
3. Take some of the typical fellowship events your chapter hosts and see which ones can be held remotely (or over a video chat). Ex: Instead of a restaurant outing, maybe everyone cooks a meal together over Skype or Zoom.
4. Fellowship events with pledges this spring are very important since they still need a chance to get to know actives. Try hosting a ‘speed dating’ or get-to-know-you event for everyone over the phone/video chat.
5. Try hosting online family competitions or big/little games to inspire brother bonding & more family ties in your chapter.