A vice president of service is passionate about connecting the chapter to service opportunities that spark excitement and passion among members. They are invested in expanding chapter relations, beginning new projects and serving the needs of the chapter, campus, community and country. A vice president of service recognizes the importance of the Cardinal Principle of Service and how it impacts chapter growth. Through that, this officer aims to allow every member of the chapter to engage meaningfully in service throughout their time in the Fraternity, adapting the service program to match the desires of members and building intentional relationships with volunteers and organizations that promote servant leadership.
TOP 5 ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Establish and implement a service program that promotes leadership development and skill-building through active participation in projects and events that support local and national communities
- Plan projects in line with national programming, such as National Service Week and Spring Youth Service Day, and ensure that relevant information is submitted through the Officer Portal in a timely manner
- Track each member’s submitted service hours, keeping a record of individual and chapter totals
- Encourage members to find their passion for service by promoting diverse service opportunities both on campus and in the community
- Stay up to date with upcoming service opportunities in the section and region through keeping in touch with nearby chapters