A pledge or new member educator ensures incoming members have the requisite knowledge of the Fraternity and a foundational understanding of what the chapter represents. They are eager to meet new members and teach them how to be brothers that exemplify the Cardinal Principles of Leadership, Friendship and Service, each in their own way. They are empathetic to the struggles that incoming members face and support members individually and as an entire pledge or new member class. Pledge or new member educators should be excited to talk about what APO means and represents, and as the first officer incoming members interact with, they should strive to be the best brothers they can be. This position is the bridge between the active chapter and its future members, leading the way towards becoming a happier, healthier chapter.
Top 5 Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with the vice president of member to welcome potential new members into the chapter
- Maintain accurate membership records through consistent and timely reporting
- Establish a holistic understanding of the chapter and the Fraternity to effectively educate pledges or new members
- Prepare pledges or new members for active membership by administering a sustainable education process that develops servant leaders through the Cardinal Principles of Leadership, Friendship and Service
- Be the best brother you can be to guide pledges or new members to become engaged and enthusiastic active members