The chapter president is the face of the chapter and the primary point of contact for all parties that work with the chapter – whether campus administration, the National Office, chapter members or other groups. In this position, it is essential to maintain strong lines of communication and collaborate to reach chapter milestones. Setting goals – individually and as a team – is a way for the chapter to advance programming and overcome adversity. The president should take initiative and be the voice of encouragement for all, taking advantage of APO’s network on a local, sectional, regional and national level. In this role, recognize how exciting and useful networking can be. From campus partners to local volunteers and brothers from other chapters, there is no lack of people to learn from and share APO experiences! Chapter presidents should strive to be the “ideal brother”, leading the chapter through the semester by maintaining order, being a role model, and proudly representing the chapter at all times.
TOP 5 ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate and collaborate with all chapter officers and the advisory committee to facilitate goal setting and advance chapter initiatives
- Establish and implement an officer transition program that helps the chapter to operate smoothly and effectively as a team and ensure the chapter remains in good standing
- Understand and oversee the business side of the chapter including meeting the financial and reporting obligations of both the school and the national fraternity in a timely manner
- Act as the face of the chapter when working with outside audiences such as chapter administrators and community partners
- Exemplify the Cardinal Principles of Leadership, Friendship and Service at all times and serve as a campus role model and leader to the chapter