Chapter Services Specialist Team Member with Alpha Phi Omega
Open to both full-time (@ 37.5 hours) and part-time (@30 hours) candidates
Location: South Kansas City/Possibility of Remote Days
Approximate Hourly Rate: $19-20 per hour
Benefits package available after 90 days
Are you seeking a position where you can learn the ins and outs of nonprofit and association management while working with a team of dedicated professionals who support your growth and contribute to your development?
The Alpha Phi Omega National Office is looking to add a team member who will help chapters utilize and understand the systems and support available to them through the National Fraternity.
IF YOU ARE A HARDWORKING, COLLABORATIVE, TEAM-FOCUSED, LIFE-LONG LEARNER AND THIS DESCRIPTION SOUNDS INTERESTING TO YOU… APPLY HERE!
About Our Organization
Alpha Phi Omega is a 501(c)3 nonprofit collegiate service organization headquartered in South Kansas City. It is the vision and mission of APO to create inclusive communities for a more peaceful world to make a life, by developing leaders, uniting members through friendship and rendering service to all. . The more than 500,000 members who make up the membership of Alpha Phi Omega are dedicated to developing themselves and others as leaders as they volunteer on their campuses and in their communities.
About the National Office Team
We are a team of professionals dedicated to creating and maintaining a work culture that gives space for growth, recognizes that growth and celebrates success as a result of our efforts. We help each other contribute to the overall success of the National Office team and challenge each other to continue learning and improving each day as people and professionals, while also enjoying what we do. We have work life balance. We have fun. We share and value individual experiences, backgrounds and thoughts. We are pretty great, actually.
As a team, we teach how our work fits in to the total context of the organization’s mission, goals, principles, vision, and values. We work to support the organization and its members through operational excellence and high-professional standards.
The APO National Office Team is a diverse team with broad skillsets and experiences. We work collaboratively and with the end in mind and maintain a culture that keeps our team norms always front of mind:
Know Your Team | Take Ownership | Think Ahead | Celebrate Others | Act Intentionally | Share A Vision | Effectively Communicate
APO National Office Team Members are committed to the following service standards by which to hold themselves and others:
Responsiveness | Accuracy | Efficiency | Friendliness | Flexibility | Self-Awareness
About the Role
The Chapter Services Specialist will help chapters utilize and understand the systems and support available to them through the National Fraternity. This team members helps maintain the accuracy and data integrity of information stored in the Fraternity’s membership database and chapter services systems. Day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to membership processing, chapter reporting support, database management, and administrative support.
A qualified candidate possesses a high degree of accuracy, analytical and cognitive skills. They are organized and timely in their management of projects and are independent. They are driven to learn and grow in the role and take ownership of the duties they oversee. They have well-developed interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with members and potential members, school officials, volunteers and other members of the National Office Team. They exhibit good judgement and are looking for ways to improve processes to the benefit of efficiency.
This position will…
- Receive, review, and enter data into a database according to established & written procedures
- Manage, organize, store and access data
- Develop standards and guidelines to use the database software, train users and answer questions
- Record data in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform ongoing data maintenance; resolve and report errors to ensure data integrity is being implemented by all users
- Should be consistent in checking data submissions and other documents for accuracy and completeness for entry into the membership database
- Sort and file paperwork
- Assist by determining ways to store, organize, analyze, use, and present data
- Assist in developing, maintaining procedures and manuals for database processes and changes
- Work as part of a team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
The ideal candidate has…
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent with 2+ years related experience
- Preferred: 2-5+ years of experience as a administrative assistant/database management
- Proficiency in use of digital office tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Preferred: experience in Microsoft Teams
- Experience in any or all of the following:
- database support
- administrative support
- vendor relations
- customer service
The ideal candidate is…
- Willing and dedicated to working as part of a team and adding value to team projects and discussions
- A life-long learner who understands practices and procedures while exploring opportunities to improve efficiency
- Not afraid of challenges and able to be flexible during times/processes of growth and change
- Willing to undertake additional and possibly repetitive tasks as needed
Within 1 Month, They Would…
- Understand the mission, vision and strategic goals of APO
- Understand the programs and services supported by the Fraternity, as well as how they are supported by the National Office
- Establish relationships with other team members and seek to understand how those roles play into the bigger picture of the organization
Within 3 Months, They Would…
- Understand the processes and standards of the chapter service administrator position and be able to deploy projects based on the CSA Manual
- Self-identify areas in need of additional support to further their roles as CSA
- Be able to effectively extract and manipulate data
- Be able to seek answers to customer service inquiries and provide helpful responses that educate members and volunteers
Within 6 Months, They Would…
- Be able to efficiently and effectively respond to all customer service inquiries independently
- Have a firm understanding of APO institutional knowledge and operations in order to better support members
- Be able to identify database errors and data input issues and seek support through the designated ticketing system.